CreateWorld is our 3 day performance, presentation, and professional development event, specifically for academic and technical staff who work in the digital arts disciplines.
The conference features a wide range of academic and technical presenters from the tertiary education and industry sectors, and includes several keynotes, panel sessions, hypotheticals, hands-on technical workshops, and regular presentation sessions.
We are seeking presenters from a wide range of disciplines for presentations, performance pieces and workshops. Presenters will be financially supported to attend the conference.
Create World 2012 is aimed specifically at practitioners, academics, research teams, technical staff and students across the digital arts.
Sesssions can include presentations on teaching and learning, new media work, performance, techniques and approaches in practice-led research fields including photography, cyber-arts, music, e-learning, film, animation and design.
Submissions are via the form below and you will be required to provide the following information:
- your contact details: name, address, phone and email address.
- a brief description of your role at your University and your background (please include any areas of expertise you have).
- a half page (max 250 words) description of your chosen topic or what you would cover in your presentation, performance or workshop.
- the suggested duration (20min plus 5 mins Q&A or 45 mins plus 10 mins Q&A is the standard but other durations may be accepted)
The AUC will support presenters with:
- return economy airfares to Brisbane from their nearest major airport (base airfare and taxes only, limits apply)
- twin-share accommodation at a Rydges South Bank for up to 3 nights (room and taxes only, limits apply)
- free registration at CreateWorld 2012 (includes conference attendance, all included meals including the conference dinner and collateral)
- attendance at an exclusive ‘Presenters Dinner’ on South Bank.
All proposals should be received by the close of business, Friday 28 September, 2012. You will receive a confirmation by return email that your submission has been received.
A member of the organising committee will contact you if any further information regarding your proposal is required. A list of accepted CreateWorld 2012 presenters will be made available at at a later date. Delegate registration will open in early October, 2012. CreateWorld 2012 is currently scheduled from 3rd to 5th December 2012 at Griffith University, South Bank, Brisbane.
Submissions can be made by completing the form below.
|Please select a valid form|