/dev/world/2012 is an annual conference hosted by the AUC, and aimed at developers who write for Mac OS X and iOS. In 2012 it will take the form of a 2-day conference featuring special talks, lecture presentations and social events to facilitate networking, along with a day of optional workshops. The event will cater for around 140 attendees.
The organising committee is seeking expressions of interest from the AUC and wider Apple developer community willing to present during the event.
As a presenter you should have a well-grounded general knowledge of software development on OS X or iOS, as well as a high level of expertise and knowledge in your topic area. You must be able to successfully impart information and knowledge to attendees whose own technical ability may range from basic to advanced. You must be able to present information clearly and in a well-defined and constructive manner as well as be able to address an audience of your peers.
If you are a student or staff member of an AUC member university, it is expected that your talk will be recorded, and made available after the event on the AUC’s website and/or social media channel(s).
Submissions are via a form on the AUC web site, and you will be required to provide the following information:
- your contact details: name, address, phone and email address.
- a brief description of your role at your University and your achievements (please include any areas of technical expertise you have).
- a half page (max 250 words) description of your chosen topic or what you would cover in your workshop or presentation.
- the suggested duration (45 mins plus 10 mins Q&A is the standard, double-length sessions may also be accepted)
- an indication of your target audience level (beginner, intermediate or advanced) and prerequisite knowledge.
As a guide:
- beginner: can program, but new to OSX and iOS programming
- intermediate: has experience coding for OSX and/or iOS, but no experience with this particular topic
- advanced: some experience with this topic required – we’ll take you further
The AUC will support presenters with:
- return economy airfares to Melbourne from their nearest major airport (base airfare and taxes only)
- twin-share accommodation at a Rydges Bell City for up to 3 nights (room and taxes only)
- free registration at /dev/world/2012 (includes conference attendance, all included meals and collateral)
- attendance at a special ‘Presenters Dinner’ on the Monday night
All talk proposals should be received by the close of business, Wednesday 1 August, 2012. You will receive a confirmation by return email that your submission has been received.
A member of the organising committee will contact you if any further information regarding your expression of interest is required. A list of accepted /dev/world/2012 presenters will be made available at at a later date. Delegate registration will open in early August, 2012. /dev/world/2012 will take place from 24th to 26th September 2012.
Submissions can be made by completing the form below.