If you’re a currently enrolled student at an Australian or New Zealand University, and you’ve won an Apple Student Scholarship to attend WWDC 2019 (results announced by Monday, April 15, 2019), we might be able to help out with your expenses. We’ve allocated 3 student support scholarships of up to $AU1500 each ($AU2000 for existing AUC student members) to assist with airfares.
Conditions apply. Applications will open on this site Monday April 15, 2019, and will close Wednesday May 1 at 5pm (Sydney time).
Terms and Conditions
Verify that you are eligible before applying. The AUC WWDC Scholarship Support program is offered under the following terms and conditions:
- You must be currently enrolled at an Australian or New Zealand University, undertaking at least a 50% full-time study workload.
- You must live in Australia or New Zealand.
- You must have already won a WWDC scholarship from Apple prior to applying for travel support with the AUC.
- You must be able to provide documentary evidence of your WWDC Scholarship from Apple, and your University enrolment.
- You must provide a copy of the same Swift Playground you provided to Apple. This is used to assess eligibility, and is not used by the AUC for any other purpose, nor made available to any other party.
- You must not have separately sought travel assistance from Apple to attend WWDC.
- There is no known impediment to you traveling to the USA to attend WWDC.
- You must become an AUC Student Member for at least 12-months should you be awarded a Support Scholarship
- You must commit to delivering a talk at this year’s AUC /dev/world conference in Melbourne (late August).
- In the event that more applications are made than scholarships available, the AUC will establish a selection panel to assess applicants and to determine how the scholarships will be awarded.
- This program is not open to high school or TAFE students.
- Disputes arising in relation to the scholarship provisions will be dealt with fairly by the Chair of the AUC or their nominee, and any decision made by the Chair in relation to that dispute will be final.
- Should you win travel support under this program, note that the travel support subsidy is normally paid upon your return after WWDC, although this condition can be varied in cases of hardship.