Alistair Campbell, Edith Cowan UniversityPart of XW12
Attendees will leave with a number of personalised apps for their desired device(s).
The audience would be any one interested in rapid development and/or prototype development of useful apps with no coding for deployment on iPhones, iPods, iPads and Macs. The same app can easily recognise the device and display appropriate windows.
- Short introduction to the new features in Filemaker GO and Filemaker.
- The conversion of existing spreadsheets, a number of samples will be given.
- The development of a number of windows to display this information and how different types of data can be entered using standard database features.
- Issues that need to be considered when developing app, fonts, layout, navigation etc
- Explore the new ability to capture signatures, audio and video along with pictures within the app with no coding required.
- Deployment issues e.g. local and server based.
You are encouraged to bring your own iPad or iPhone with FileMaker GO 12 installed (a free download from the App Store).